Sunday, January 22, 2012

TWG Tea Salon & Boutique

 Ever since I saw this quaint tea place in Marina Bay Sands, l wondered what it would be like to spend an afternoon there. Come the Christmas season I traveled back with my family and didn’t hesitate to try the ever-so-famous TWG (which stands for The Wellness Group).



At 5’o clock in the afternoon with 2-3 TWG stands in the hotel my cousin and I was second in queue waiting to be seated.

The menu was given and I thought to myself  “Oh, so this is their tea list.” 
Overwhelmed by the different kinds of tea, right of the bat I took what I said back.
I enjoyed reading this one before the “MENU” page. 
This green tea with summer fruits & calendula is delicate and very refined like its given name: Geisha Blossom Tea.
Camelot Tea & Praline Macaron has the perfect chewy texture and flavor! I wanna try all their macarons! 

Served warm together with tea jelly and cream, my first time to try a scone, specifically a Raisin Scone was phenomenal.
Since we’ve never tasted tea-flavored ice cream we got this Timeless Tea ice cream. It’s black tea with a bouquet of hibiscus and berries. Sounds extraordinary but really it’s just mediocre and even comparable to our FIC ice cream. But it gets a tad better as you eat. 
I find it very hard to sleep whenever I drink tea but after trying this 1837 TWG Black Tea that wouldn’t matter. The tea is blended with fruits and flowers from the Bermuda Triangle which leaves a wonderful aftertaste of caramel, anise, and ripe berries. For tea lovers who haven’t tried this yet, you are missing half of your life. 

Inside the TWG Boutique
                         
Of course I did not leave Singapore without getting any TWG teas. So being my cheapskate tourist self I hoarded these little TWG tea bags from our hotel. (Ha-ha!)

With their decidedly European ambience, TWG Tea Salon makes you feel like you're in a tea shop in London. Their tea-infused snacks are every bit as exquisite as their teas. If you plan on having tea there, then I highly recommend the 1837 Black Tea. It's sure to put a smile on your face.






TWG Tea Salon
TWG TEA GARDEN, CANAL LEVEL B2-65 
TWG TEA ON THE BRIDGE, CANAL LEVEL B2-89  
    THE SHOPPES AT MARINA BAY SANDS
SINGAPORE


No comments:

Post a Comment